Roll up one and all, here's Snow Watch 08/09!

Frances
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Favourite Season: Winter

Roll up one and all, here's Snow Watch 08/09!

Post by Frances » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Welcome all to Snow Watch 2008 - 2009!

Yes this time it's our fourth year and I think we could all do with something that resembles winter, seeing as summer more or less declined to show up!

This time last year I was writing about the summer being dull, the storms being few and far between and that the best weather was in spring.

Well. This time the summer was dripping wet, especially in the west. And the number of storms here in the east didn't require the fingers of one hand. This time some better weather has been at the tail end of the summer but less than last year's spring! :(

Well this year the MET Office have gone for an easterly weather pattern as a significant feature for the winter. This would make a nice change as long as it happens in the mid to late months as we could at least do with some damn good cold.
As for snow, well easterlies are a great start but some moisture has to come from somewhere to give us what we are all looking for!

Last year I also mentioned about early appearance of berries being an indication of a hard winter. It didn't work last year so here's hoping for this time round.

Happy snow watching!

Frances-HOST

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Pre-2012”