QBO, Solar activity and CET record

Subfreezing

QBO, Solar activity and CET record

Post #1 by Subfreezing » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:46 pm

One last word for now about all this investigation I've been doing on the relationship between the QBO (Quasibiennial Oscillation Index), Solar energy output as measured by International Sunspot number (ISN) (which I'm using only because I don't have quality neutron flux data) and Central England Temperature (CET):

I've worked the other way, now, that is, I've examined all those QBO positive/ Westerly winterswhich didn't "deliver the goods", and found that the preceeding 14 years( a little over a solar cycle's length, and I don't know whether that's a coincidence) approximately's sunspot activity is fairly well correlated with the temperature of the winter at the end of that period when the QBO is factored- in. Moreover, this 14 year period should replace the 8 year period which I was using earlier, as this correlation holds either way- for QBO Westerly and Easterly winters, warm and cold.

In short, there really is room for enthusiasm about the forthcoming winter in particular, in that the signal from this analysis is strongly pointing to a protracted, snowy, and cold winter.

This topic has 45 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “2013”